Hog the Friend Pt 3: The Other Party

Brittany,


I am just writing to you, to perhaps apologise for the fact that we didn't get to spend more time together whilst you were visiting.


I really wish that we had of been able to get some more time to catch up and hang out.


I'm sorry that I wasn't able to get some time off, but I'm sure you understand that I had just started a new (pretty good) job and it wasn't really an option to ask for time off so soon. It was also unfortunate that I was sick (and had no voice) for about a week or so also which didn't help the situation.


I'm disappointed by the effort, or lack thereof, that was made by both of you guys to spend some time together. I was in constant contact with Boris to try and make some time to hang out, have dinner, a drink, whatever but I was thwarted at every turn. I always asked what you guys were up to, what you were doing etc... But nothing! I know that you went away for a bit also, and I think that's great because you've probably seen more of Australia than I have! In hindsight I probably should have contacted you directly.


It's just very frustrating for me that I wasn't included in any of the plans that the two of you had. I fail to believe that Boris did not have any sort of party, celebration or night out whilst you were here, one night out that I could have been included in. I tried in vain to try and spend time with you and it never happened which is really fucked. I also fail to believe that you & Boris could not have “split” for just one night, if the issue was that he didn't want to spend time with me, we’re all adults in this situation and I feel that some of the actions displayed have been quite immature and selfish.


The clock can't be turned back and what happened can't be altered, I just thought that I would make my feelings known to you. And to once again, apologise for a crappy situation.


I hope that, if I ever do get the opportunity to travel overseas again, that we will be able to spend some time together.


I hope that your flight back wasn't too long and uncomfortable and you arrived home safely, and that you enjoyed your time here.


Shirley

No comments: