Hog the Friend Pt 1

Boris, 


Im just writing to you because Im very frustrated at the situation whilst Brittany was here. 



Firstly, I understand that you two are much, much closer than her & I are or, you & I. I know that, and Im not going to try and change or challenge that fact because I think that the two of you have far much more in common... Which, I admit is a bit of a disappointment to me, but that's just how it is. 


However, I believe that Brittany is my friend too and Im really not sure how to deal with this situation. She has travelled over from Belgium to see Melbourne, see Australia and to see you and I hope me to some extent also. But I dont feel like this has happened over the past month or so that she has been here. I feel like that I found out by pure accident that she was visiting. You didnt even tell me, it was at the 11th hour that I happened to randomly speak to Brittany online that she mentioned it. I dont think thats through fault of anyone, but it still occurred. 


I have constantly asked what your movements were, when you had time and so forth and have made myself available the entire time. From going to the airport, to going out for dinner, to even taking Brittany on a trip to Warrnambool. Yes, you both had plans together, youd had the opportunity to organise time off work to take a holiday with her, for the fortune of yourself. I, unfortunately, did not and do not have the option to be taking time off work at this point. Regrettable really, but it's what the situation is at the moment. 


I fail to understand that of the six weeks she was here that there was not ONE evening that you could spare for me after the efforts that I made. I kept many evenings free, which I know you were fully aware of. There was 3 occasions where you told me maybe we could catch up. And each of those I was once again informed at the 11th hour, or just not informed at all. I feel that this is hardly fair. I have been nothing but flexible for the duration, and not one effort was made but Im unsure of whos at fault here. I dont really want to blame anyone in particular. The fact remains that you both had phones and you both had my phone number. 


Last night, after much discussion with you in the afternoon and a message to Brittany also. Once again a message at 10pm at night to come out later. Did you really think that I would be able to come along so late in the evening? Surely you could have spared an hour earlier on, its not really a lot to ask. I was willing to travel to you, and you knew that! 


For me, it seems as though I have missed out on spending time with a friend of mine because of your own immaturity and greediness and perhaps your desire to play hog the friend. 


Let me remind you, we are all adults in this situation and this is not a matter of jealousy on my behalf, but a feeling of regret that I have not had the time that I had hoped for. I understand its too late now and theres nothing that can be done so why send you this email you ask? I dont know. I just thought that you should be aware of the way that I felt and to perhaps stop this happening again when more of our friends come to visit, which they are in fact going to do. 
I am just disappointed and hurt by the situation and there really is no way that this can be now rectified at this late stage. 
I hardly expect a reply, and Id be kidding myself if I thought that Ill get an apology from you. Just making you aware of my feelings, thats all. 



Shirley

No comments: